Legal Updates - 2011
The Firm publishes periodic Labor and Employment Law Updates describing recent
developments in labor and employment law issues. If you would like to join our mailing list
and receive copies of the Firm’s Updates, please click here.
- Connecticut Enacts Paid Sick Leave Law: Effective January 1, 2012
- Does Your School Have A Risk-Management Strategy For Off-Campus Trips?
- FLSA Retaliation Protection May Be Triggered By Oral Complaints, Rules Supreme Court
- Massachusetts Wage Act May Extend To Out-Of-State Employees, Rules Superior Court
- NLRB Continues Pro-Union Course, Raising Numerous Compliance Challenges For Employers
- Red Flags Identity Theft: Are Independent Schools Covered Or Not?
- Supreme Court Sharply Limits Employment Class Actions
- Don’t Forget To Submit Your EEO-1 Report By September 30, 2011!
- NLRB Expands Union Handbilling Rights
- Effective Harassment Policies And Practices Can Be An Employer’s Best Defense
- Parents With A Past: A Challenge For Private Schools
- Don't Get Clawed By The Cat's Paw
- Supreme Court Gives Green Light To Third-Party Retaliation Claims
- Hidden Trap In Employee Investigations: Potential FCRA Liability
- Are Your School's "Volunteer" Coaches Actually Entitled To Overtime Pay?
- Faith-Healing Vacation Not covered Under FMLA, Rules First Circuit
- The Anti-Social Network? The Risks Of Firing Employees Who Complain On Facebook
- NLRB Will Seek Quick Relief In Termination Cases
- Employers Must Act To Comply With Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Regulations
- Schools Need To Plan Now To Be “Camp Compliant” By Summer
- Spring Cleaning: Time To Review And Update Employment Policies
December 2011 - Entire Update
September 2011 - Entire Update
June 2011 - Entire Update
March 2011 - Entire Update