Legal Updates - 2006
The Firm publishes periodic Labor and Employment Law Updates describing recent
developments in labor and employment law issues. If you would like to join our mailing list
and receive copies of the Firm’s Updates, please click here.
- Massachusetts Tip Pooling Lawsuits On The Rise
- And The Big Winner From The Mid-term Election Is . . . Immigration Reform?
- New Year’s Resolution: Time To Review And Update Employment Policies
- NLRB’s New Guidelines For Designating Employees As Supervisors May Provide A Powerful Union-Avoidance Tool
- New Standard Announced for Employer’s Contribution Under Massachusetts Health Care Reform Law
- Severance And Release Agreements: Six (6) Common Traps And A Rhetorical Question
- The New "Miranda" Warnings for Employees: Surviving the Legal and Ethical Minefield
- Maine Enacts New Law to Assist Military Families
- When the Union Comes Knocking: Are You Ready?
- An IRS Wake-Up Call: Natural Disasters Prompt Government Reminder about Correct Worker Classification
- Can The “SKIL Bill” Fix The H-1B Visa And Permanent Residence Problems For Highly Skilled Foreign Professionals?
- Former Employee’s Intentional Destruction of Evidence Results in Case Dismissal
- Navigating the Form I-9 Maze: Tips For Complying With The Changing Employment Eligibility Verification Process
- Firm Successfully Obtains Dismissal of Claims
- Crime Victims Eligible for Leave in New Hampshire
- “You’ve Got a Contract!” An E-mail Exchange Can Modify an Employment Contract
- Keep Out Of Legal Hot Soup: Top 10 Tips For More Effective Hiring
- Important Updates Regarding H-1B Visa Cap and New H-2B Visa Filing Requirements
- Ouch! Where Can Employers Draw the Line on Body Art?
- Ten Ways to Maximize the Enforceability of Non-Competition Agreements
- Firm Successfully Obtains Preliminary Injunction
- Failure to Properly Respond to Harassment: $1 Million. Properly Trained Managers: Priceless.
- Ready, Set, Go! The Race for Summer 2006 H-2B Visas Has Begun
- USERRA Final Regulations Effective January 18, 2006
- Are "Volunteers" Entitled To Wages And Overtime Pay?
- New Hampshire Employers Must File Reports of “Mass Layoffs”
- Commuting in a Winter Wonderland: DOL Issues Opinions On Salary Deductions For Weather-Related Absences And Closures
- The Definition of Internet Applicant – OFCCP Issues Long-Awaited Final Rule
- United States Supreme Court Update: Decision in Mixed-Motive Case Is Bad News for Employers