The Newest COVID-19 Updates For Independent Schools: Campus Closures, Remote Learning, Employment Issues, Plans For Reopening, And More
March 25, 2020 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM - SHPC Webinar
Join Sara Goldsmith Schwartz and Matthew D. Batastini to explore the issues raised by Coronavirus (COVID-19) and its continuing impact on independent schools.
In this interactive and lively webinar, Sara and Matt will discuss how to prepare for and handle the myriad challenges. Attendees will also have access to the Firm’s Coronavirus checklist and a copy of the webinar slides.
Prioritizing the immediate actions to consider, topics will include:
- Sharing and obtaining information with your community, including with respect to confirmed COVID-19 cases in your school community
- Reviewing and updating key policies and foundational documents
- Campus closures and related employment issues given the new federal and state legislation
- Remote learning considerations, including an analysis of legal issues relating to school counseling and child online privacy
- Handling confirmed cases in your community
- Responding to tuition refund requests
- Planning for next steps and potential reopening
Who should attend?
- Heads/Assistant Heads Of School
- CFO/Business Manager
- Division Heads
- Human Resources
- Dean Of Students
- School Nurse/Health Center