Summer Camp Risk Management: Topics To Consider In General And In The COVID-19 Climate
April 30, 2020 - 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM ET - SHPC Webinar
Is your school prepared for the number of students, short-term employees, and other third parties coming to campus this summer for camps and other programs? Are summer employees hired under a contract, an at-will offer letter, or some sort of hybrid? Are participants and their families adequately disclaiming liability for any injuries that could occur on campus? Do you have robust employee (counselor) and student (camper) handbooks in place? And when and under what circumstances does your school alter plans in the face of the coronavirus crisis?
In a lively webinar, we will analyze the many legal issues impacting schools opening their campuses to summer programs. We will examine tips and traps for employing staff, preparing necessary paperwork for participants and families, policies and protocols to have in place, and engaging third-party vendors and others on campus.
Topics will include:
• Robust Participant Documents, Including Summer Camp Enrollment Contracts And Permission And Release Forms
• Essential Provisions In Hiring Documents
• Response To Accidents And Injuries
• Facilities Use And Other Third-Party Programs On Campus
• Employee and Camper Handbooks
• Financial Considerations And Refunds In The Wake Of COVID-19
Who should attend?
Head Of School
Chief Financial Officer
Director Of Human Resources
Director Of Auxiliary Programs
Director Of Summer Programs
Registration Form Download