Getting It Write: Hot Topics In Independent School Employee Handbooks
April 29, 2019 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST - SHPC Webinar
Sara Goldsmith Schwartz will outline the key issues for an independent school that is ready to update its employee handbook for legal compliance and best practices, has never implemented an employee handbook – or is considering replacing the employee handbook in existence.
We will provide a model table of contents and offer practical suggestions for keeping your employee handbook updated and current.
Topics will include:
Key Policies In An Ideal Employee Handbook For Your School
- Is Your Employee Handbook Updated To Reflect Best Practices And Legal Standards?
- Does It Comply With Applicable State-Specific Requirements?
- Does It Have All The Bells And Whistles For Code of Conduct, References And Drug-Free Workplace?
- Does It Address The Common Traps For Unwary Schools?
- The Top 10 Policies That Every School Should Implement, From Mandated Reporting To Sexual and Other Harassment
Who should attend?
- Head of School
- Dean of Faculty
- Chief Financial Officer
- Business Manager
- Head of Upper School
- Head of Lower School
- Director of Human Resources