The New Massachusetts Paid Family And Medical Leave Law: What To Expect And How To Prepare
June 12, 2019 - 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM - Tabor Academy - 232 Front Street, Marion, MA
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
June 12, 2019 – 10 am to 11:30 am
232 Front St., Marion, MA
What do Massachusetts employers need to do to get ready for the new Massachusetts Paid Family and Medical Leave law (“PFML”)? Many deadlines are looming for employers, beginning with the required workforce notification by June 30, 2019, and the start of payroll deductions on July 1, 2019.
In this interactive seminar, attorney Matthew D. Batastini will lead attendees through the nuts and bolts of the new paid leave law, and how it is likely to impact the workplace, in conjunction with other laws governing leaves of absence. Attendees will learn what to expect from PFML, and what they should be doing now to prepare, with a specific focus on employer duties and responsibilities under the new law.
Using real-world scenarios as examples, attendees will have a chance to ask questions and discuss with experienced counsel a wide range of leave-related issues that organizations can expect to face in the near future, with a focus on practical tips and strategies for responding to them.
Topics will include:
- Types Of Leave, Intermittent Leave, And Intersection With Other Leave Laws
- Employer Registration And Filing Quarterly Reports
- Understanding And Calculating Employer And Employee Contributions
- Penalties, Retaliation, And Avoiding Liability Under The New Law
- Emerging Issues On The Horizon
Who should attend?
- Human Resources Professionals
- In-House Attorneys
- Business Office And Finance Professionals