Student Misconduct: Mastering An Effective Investigation In An Independent School
December 14, 2018 - 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM - Schwartz Hannum PC - Andover, MA
Many school policies provide that allegations of student misconduct are to be investigated. These allegations can include concerns of bullying, hazing, harassment, threats of violence, or even sexual misconduct. The goal, of course, is to investigate these allegations quickly, thoroughly, confidentially, and in an unbiased manner – but how?
This interactive program will take participants through a detailed case study that explores the decisions and challenges that school administrators regularly face during an investigation into student misconduct, from intake of the complaint through final disposition.
Topics will include:
- Planning The Investigation
- Identifying The Best Investigator
- Identifying Witnesses
- Conducting Complainant And Witness Interviews
- Conducting Perpetrator Interviews
- Documenting The Investigation
- Preparing The Investigation Report
- Addressing Wrongdoing
- Avoiding Retaliation
- The Role Of Counsel
- Confidentiality And Privacy Issues
- The “Post Mortem” And Action Items
Who should attend?
Head Of School, Chief Financial Officer, Business Manager, Dean Of Lower School, Dean Of Middle School, Dean Of Upper School, Dean Of Students
Registration Form Download
Inquire About Custom Seminars and Programs