Risk Management Strategies For Off-Campus Trips And Activities
November 5, 2019 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM EST - SHPC Webinar
Recent litigation and news reports have highlighted the myriad risks involved in taking students on trips of all kinds, from local excursions to international adventures. In this lively webinar, experienced education counsel will explore the key components of an ideal trip compliance package and discuss ways to minimize the potential risks associated with off-campus trips and activities, including the special challenges associated with international travel. The webinar will include a discussion of ways to prepare students and trip chaperones for potential issues that may arise during off-campus trips and activities.
Topics will include:
- Essential Components Of Permission And Release Forms
- Medical Authorization Forms And Collection Of Relevant Health Information
- Background Checks For Volunteer Chaperones And Vendors
- Policies Regarding Trips For Inclusion In Student And Employee Handbooks
- Chaperone Guidelines And Training
- Topics To Address During Pre-Departure Orientations
- Vendor Selection For Trip-Related Services
- Minimizing Risks Associated With International Trips
Who should attend?
- Head Of School
- Assistant Head Of School
- Chief Financial Officer
- Business Manager
- Dean Of Students
- Director Of International Programs
- Director Of Experiential Learning
Registration Form Download
Schwartz Hannum PC is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.