Labor Relations Boot Camp
May 14, 2019 - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Schwartz Hannum PC - Andover, MA
Schwartz Hannum PC has developed a one-day program for human resource professionals, labor relations professionals, in-house counsel, and managers at both unionized and non-unionized employers, who want to better understand and manage the big-picture and day-to-day operations of their business’ labor-management relationships.
Presented in an interactive seminar format by lively and knowledgeable attorney instructors, this program will cover the following topics.
Topics will include:
- The New NLRB – Labor Law Update
- Strategies For Avoiding Unionization (And Deterring Additional Unionization)
- NLRB Expedited Union Election Procedures
- Effectively Preparing For Collective Bargaining
- Hot Topics In Negotiations
- Good Faith Negotiations And Impasse
- Job Actions, Strikes And Lockouts
- Drafting Collective Bargaining Agreements, Side Letters, And Last Chance Agreements
- How To Successfully Handle Grievances And Disciplining Bargaining Unit Employees
- Decertification: What Is It and When Is It Possible?
- Update On Lawful Employee Work Rules
Who should attend?
- Experienced labor relations professionals preparing for upcoming negotiations – or an active docket of arbitrations – will learn practical tips, strategies and skills to enable them to more effectively manage labor relations.
- Human resource professionals -- in union and non-union settings – will learn how to maintain an NLRA-compliant workplace, and those who anticipate potential unionization efforts will gain greater insight into the many ways in which labor unions could dramatically change employer-employee relations.
Registration Form Download
Schwartz Hannum PC also presents this topic at client facilities, tailoring it as requested with some or all of the above-listed topics in single or multi-day programs.
Inquire About Custom Seminars and Programs
Schwartz Hannum PC is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 7 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.