Employment Law Review And Preview: A Look Back At 2019 And What To Expect In 2020
February 4, 2020 - 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM ET - SHPC Webinar
2019 has been a busy year for employment law developments. Federal and state lawmakers have enacted a number of new mandates that employers must scramble to implement.
This interactive webinar will review the key employment law developments from 2019 and offer related compliance tips and best practices. We also will preview the anticipated 2020 employment law landscape and identify steps that employers should be taking now to prepare.
Topics will include:
• Paid Family Leave In Massachusetts And Beyond: Where We Are And Where We Are Going
• The Changing Pay Equity Landscape: Federal And State Developments
• What Legalized Marijuana Means For The Workplace
• The FLSA White Collar Exemptions: Changes To Minimum Salary Requirements
• Requirements For Responding To Data Breaches
• Wage And Hour Updates
• Sexual Harassment Issues: #MeToo, Investigations, Statutes Of Limitations, And More
• Lessons Learned: Workplace Investigation Case Law And Best Practices For Avoiding Common Employer Pitfalls
• Immigration Law Overview
• New “Must Have” Employee Handbook Policies
Who should attend?
• Human Resources Professionals
• In-House Counsel And Business Owners
• Managers (Particularly Those With HR Responsibilities)
Registration Form Download
Schwartz Hannum PC is recognized by SHRM to offer SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP professional development credits (PDCs). This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.