Coronavirus (COVID-19): Critical Issues For Employers
March 17, 2020 - 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - SHPC Webinar
Everyone has been carefully following the recent Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak. But as schools begin to shutter and businesses consider how to respond to this health crisis, a number of challenging questions have emerged. For instance:
- Can I ask employees if they have been exposed to or have tested positive for the virus?
- What should I do if an employee reports for work and appears to be sick?
- If our office shuts down, are we required to continue to pay employees?
- Do I have to change employees’ jobs to allow them to work from home?
- Do I have to bargain with our employees’ union over these issues?
In this interactive one-hour webinar, experienced employment and labor attorney Matthew D. Batastini will explore these and other critical issues for employers.
Topics will include:
- Health And Safety Considerations
- Communications With Employees
- Crisis Management
- Employee Offer Letters And Contracts
- Critical Personnel Policies And Procedures
- Considerations For Unionized Employers
- Remote Work/Telecommuting
- Discrimination And Harassment
- Disability Accommodations
- Employee Absences
- Wage-And-Hour Considerations
- Business-Related Travel And Meetings
Who should attend?
- Human Resources Professionals
- In-House Counsel And Business Owners
- Managers (Particularly Those With HR Responsibilities)