Mastering An Effective Investigation Of Alleged Employee Misconduct
March 08, 2017 - 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM - Schwartz Hannum PC
How should an organization respond if an employee complains about being harassed by a manager or co-worker? Taking effective action in response to an employee complaint, or allegation of wrongdoing, is surely everyone’s goal – but how?
This lively and interactive program provides a detailed explanation of the elements of an effective internal investigation of alleged employee misconduct. Participants will have an opportunity to practice with several hands-on exercises.
Topics will include:
- Planning the investigation
- Identifying the best investigator
- Identifying witnesses
- Conducting complainant and witness interviews
- Documenting the investigation
- Preparing the investigation report
- Addressing wrongdoing
- Avoiding retaliation
- The role of counsel
- Privilege issues
- Confidentiality and privacy issues
- The “post mortem” and action items
Who should attend?
- In-House Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals