Non-Profit Trustee Boot Camp
May 7, 2019 - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - Schwartz Hannum PC - Andover, MA
Being on a non-profit Board is not merely an honor and a valuable contribution to the local community – it is also comes with important legal responsibilities. As a whole, each Board must ensure that the organization complies with applicable laws, and individually each Board member must fulfill his or her fiduciary duties to the organization.
This program is designed to help Board members understand those obligations, from both legal and practical perspectives, using real world scenarios and case studies.
Designed for both new and returning Board members, and presented in an interactive seminar format, this program will be lead by highly experienced counsel explaining fundamental Board member responsibilities using engaging real examples from our practice and the news, with reference to written materials. The goal is to educate Board members about the most pressing governance challenges and major risk areas facing non-profits, share problem-solving strategies, and foster an open discussion.
Breakfast and lunch will also be provided, and there will be valuable networking opportunities throughout the day. And participants will receive a comprehensive Tool Kit containing essential compliance forms, policies, and checklists.
• Governance 101: Duties Of Non-Profit Board Members And Operating Successfully As A Board
• Bylaws, Trustee Agreements, Board Policies, And Other Essential Documents
• Choosing And Hiring The Organization’s Leader
• Preparing For And Responding To A Crisis
Who should attend?
• Board Members (Current And Prospective) Of Non-Profit Organizations
• Executive Directors, Heads Of School, And Other Non-Profit Leaders
• CFOs And Business Officers
Registration Form Download
Inquire About Custom Seminars and Programs