Employing Faculty: Tips, Traps And Best Practices For Faculty Contracts And Offer Letters
December 12, 2018 - 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM EST - SHPC Webinar
Are you employing faculty with a contract? An offer letter? A hybrid? Are you not sure? Are you doing this annually or at the commencement of employment? What do you want to do this year? Faculty contracts require essential provisions, including compensation, benefits, and pay structure clarity. In a lively webinar, Sara Goldsmith Schwartz will explore this unique aspect of independent schools, explain the differences between at-will employment and employment by contract, and offer options for schools to explore in the future.
Topics will include:
- Offer Letters: Options And Best Practices
- Are Offer Letters Issued Annually?
- Essential Provisions In Faculty Contracts, Including Term Of Employment, Duties And Responsibilities, Compensation, Benefits, Pay Structure Clarity, Conditions of Employment, And Termination
- Administrator Agreements
- Hourly Offer Letters
- Tips, Traps and Best Practices
Who should attend?
- Head Of School
- Assistant Head Of School
- Director Of Human Resources
- Chief Financial Officer
- Business Manager
- Dean Of Faculty